someone named benny

i'll have a website up soon enough, but i want to capitalize on my domain name. enjoy for now.

My Photo
Name:
Location: lakewood, california, United States

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Okay, so I woke up early today to go to church which was at 8:30. I figured to myself I could actually be fed for a change, without having to worry about the music, the order of the service, or even who's sitting next to me. Scratch that last part, I'll tell you why. Anyway, so I made it on time to Calvary Downey, (with my clothes neatly pressed the night before) and sat at my usual spot, which is to the right of the auditorium and at the edge of a pew. Everything's really hunkie-dorie at this point, with the opening prayer, songs and announcement, but I guess it's because everything's hunkie-dorie that you don't expect a really pretty girl to sit in the pew behind you, five feet away. Oh yeah, sitting alone.

And I think it's because everything's hunkie-dorie that you totally forget about the part where the pastor tells everyone to greet the person next to you. And my natural, introverted side wants me to just shake the hand of the people directly behind me, and naturally, my introverted side discovers there's no one sitting there yet. This forces my newly-discovered "might-as-well" side to go over to where she is and, gulp, look at her and shake her hand. Whoa. She IS pretty.

And so when I got back to my original spot and it's time to sing the worship songs, I find myself, naturally, distracted. Oh gosh, I shook her hand. Oh gosh, she's pretty. No, beautiful. She made it to the early service. She must be hardcore. Did I mention she was sitting alone? I hope she comes next week. I hope she's been coming on a regular basis or something. I wish she'd sit near me next time. I hope there's some divine circumstance and we end up being friends and then there's the possibility that we become more than friends and ... all of this right before the leader sings ... "Less of me, more of You."

And I think to myself, I come all the way to church to listen and to get right with God and be fed and I'm reverting to my multiple possibility personality where I want what's in my head instead of Him. Sheesh.

I am a big-time doofus.

P.S. I would still like to see her there. It would be nice to have a few friends there. So I'm going to try my best to be on top of this situation, okay? Thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home